„I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.“
Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864
„It is beyond a doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience.“
„Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.“
„The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.“
„We don’t want to live under a world government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.“
Dr. Robert Bowman
If you’re still running a VMWare Version < 6 you might know that VMWare is using a SQL-Express Database for its Management. This Express Edition has limits and if they are reached, nothing will work (inside VMWare Managment).
To purge the database (which runs into the License Limit…) do the following:
- start SQL-Management Studio to access the database
- Select top 200 rows for the dbo.VPX.Parameter table
- Edit the Values of Event.MaxAge to 30, MaxAgeEnabled to true
- Edit the Values Task.maxAge to 30 and task.MaxAgeEnabled to true
- Last step is to run the stored procedure: dbo.cleanup_events_task_proc
- Wait… this can take a while….
Since VMWare 6.0 they switched to Postgres Database, but afaik they still need a MS SQL-Database for the VMWare-Update Manager…
Endless Space 2 is out of Early Access/Alpha Stage, it was released on 19th May with a new Fraction (Unfallen). Gameplay did not really changed from the latest versions in Alpha stage and some promised Features were not released (e.g. Fighters for Carriers). Also some of the explosions in Combat view still looks buggy (ship disappears). I’m cautious if this will get fixed (and features will get implemented) with patches… or if they will make an addon($-))…
If a virtual machine on your Host doesnt respond and you cannot kill/power it off, KILL it:
- enable SSH on the ESX-Host
- Connect via SSH to the ESX-Host
- Enter the command „esxcli vm process list“ and note the World-ID of the unsresponsive VM
- With this World-ID you can kill the process of the Virtual machine: esxcli vm process kill –type=soft –world-id 1077499
- If it doesnt get killed soft, try it with hard or force
As you might have noticed I try to record the progress of development of the game „Endless Space 2“ which is currently in Alpha Stage. Currently they pushed Update 0.2.3 which has several improvements. You can watch/follow this playlist on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTnFmaXe4bM2G8ygoqhQOySowCSkjkjSG
Screen Recording with MSI Afterburner and RivaTunerStatisticsServer
Software which is (also) capable of DirectX 12 Recording seem to be found.
MSI Afterburner (which includes RivaTunerStatisticsServer Ver. 6.5.1 ) is able to record DirectX 12 games (e.g. Battlefield 1)
Here is the evidence:
MSI Afterburner is available completely free of charge and can be used with graphics cards from all brands.
- To Set Up Screen Recording in Afterburner go to Settings
- Navigate to Video Capture and set a hotkey.
You can also display FPS, CPU, GPU, Temps etc. under „Monitoring“
Available here for Download: https://de.msi.com/page/afterburner