Last year I decided to make an experiment with youtube. I wanted to check out if I was able to earn money with it and get some values regarding how many views/clicks are neccessary to get some money.
To do so your youtube account have to qualify for monetarization / Youtube Partner Program.
Your channel have to have at least 10.000 views to qualify for this.
After activation of the monetarization program you have also to create a AdSense Account and link it with your Youtube account. After this you need to enable monetarization for your videos and hope for some clicks. If you reach 70€ they pay:
After this experiment I can say in 2017 – 200.000 monetarized views on your videos generates about 80€
Recently a friend of mine failed on installing Windows XP on a „newer“ Hardware and recieved an BSOD (Bluescreen) with Error Code *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0XF780254, 0xC0000014, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
To solve this problem get in to BIOS – Settings (System Setup, BIOS, UEFI, press F2, F10 on startup or check out the info for shortkey accessing System Settings on Startup. Inside this Settings-Menu access SATA-Configuration/Disk Configuration
(this image can differ depending on manufacturer)
It is necessary to switch to „IDE“ in SATA-Config so that Windows XP can recognize the Disk.
After a first try of mining Ethereum, which took a long time even to download the 11 Gig Blockchain File I switched to DASH which has only a 3GB File.
I used dashminer 2.1 .1:
and mined a few days with a poor result of 0.01 Dash… Seem to be only efficient when using multiple GPUs or a Mining Rig
And power has to be for free.
My Mining Hardware was:
– Intel Core i7 i950 4x 3,3 GhZ, 16 GB Ram,
– VTX3D Radeon R9 390, 8GB GDDR5
Here is my DASH – wallet, just in case you want to send me some 😉
Lets see what the cryptocurrency hype will bring.
If you’re still running a VMWare Version < 6 you might know that VMWare is using a SQL-Express Database for its Management. This Express Edition has limits and if they are reached, nothing will work (inside VMWare Managment).
To purge the database (which runs into the License Limit…) do the following:
- start SQL-Management Studio to access the database
- Select top 200 rows for the dbo.VPX.Parameter table
- Edit the Values of Event.MaxAge to 30, MaxAgeEnabled to true
- Edit the Values Task.maxAge to 30 and task.MaxAgeEnabled to true
- Last step is to run the stored procedure: dbo.cleanup_events_task_proc
- Wait… this can take a while….
Since VMWare 6.0 they switched to Postgres Database, but afaik they still need a MS SQL-Database for the VMWare-Update Manager…
Endless Space 2 is out of Early Access/Alpha Stage, it was released on 19th May with a new Fraction (Unfallen). Gameplay did not really changed from the latest versions in Alpha stage and some promised Features were not released (e.g. Fighters for Carriers). Also some of the explosions in Combat view still looks buggy (ship disappears). I’m cautious if this will get fixed (and features will get implemented) with patches… or if they will make an addon($-))…
If a virtual machine on your Host doesnt respond and you cannot kill/power it off, KILL it:
- enable SSH on the ESX-Host
- Connect via SSH to the ESX-Host
- Enter the command „esxcli vm process list“ and note the World-ID of the unsresponsive VM
- With this World-ID you can kill the process of the Virtual machine: esxcli vm process kill –type=soft –world-id 1077499
- If it doesnt get killed soft, try it with hard or force
also mentioned here: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1014165
Dominican Republic – Punta Cana – Bavaro Beach in March 2017